With the ever-expanding food delivery service, Uber Eats recommends that registered couriers have an insulated bag for food safety. These insulation bags are picked up at the closest Greenlight hub. They are also available at Uber EATS offices for a few bucks. The bags can be returned at the offices if one chooses not to be an Uber courier anymore. This comes with a refund for the money you paid for the bag.
One has to have this delivery bag when picking up food in restaurants. A restaurant has the right to refuse to give the order if the courier’s bag does not meet the thermal delivery bags. This article is going to guide you on some basic things you should know before getting yourself an insulation bag.
Why you need an Uber bag?
- To prevent damage to the food.
- Maintain the heat in food.
- To maintain the foods’ quality
How to order for bags
For you to order the bag, you must have an account. Below is a step by step guide to creating one.
- Firstly, you have to fill in your restaurant ID given by Uber Eats.
- Fill your account details. You will be required to use your email as the login password.
- Enter your restaurant’s details. The address is most especially necessary.
- Create a password to complete registration.
Having successfully created an account, you will follow these steps to have your bag shipped to you.
- Log in to your account.
- Choose a bag- if there is a free bag option, you can check them out at the dropdown menu under the username.
- Add the bag to the cart and confirm delivery details
- You can then pay your order and submit the information.
- After submitting the payment, you will receive a confirmation message with details on your order.
How to properly load an Uber bag
For a courier to deliver quality food, he or she should know how to pack the food in the insulation bag properly. Here is how to load the bag for deliveries;
- Lay the bag on a flat surface
- Open the zipper fully.
- Separate items to fit in different parts of the bag. Drinks, for instance, can be fitted in the side pockets or arranged on a cup holder.
- Load the large items at the bottom so that they remain at a flat level during transportation.
- Close all bag sections to keep the food safe.
- Carefully lift the bag and ensure it remains flat. Check also that you have distributed the weight content equally.
If you are using a bike, you should ensure that the bag is placed on both shoulders. Ensure that the bag has shoulder straps and a reflective strip to keep you safe even during the night.
Things to avoid when using Uber bag
- Avoid loading the bag on inclined surfaces. You should always load on a flat surface.
- Avoid transporting food in open bags. Ensure the bag is well closed, so the food remains hot.
- Avoid carrying the bag on one shoulder.
- 📤 Can I share my insulation bag with a friend?
It is one of the requirements that each delivery person has his/her own bag. It is only good to share if your friend no longer uses the bag. To do this, both of you have to go to where you purchased the bag for updating records.
- 🛑 Can Uber eats refuse to give me back the deposit after returning their bag?
Yes, that is, if it is not in the right conditions. You should ensure the bag has not been damaged and it should be clean with no food spillages or food odors.
- 🌊 Are Uber bags waterproof?
Yes. The external PVC is coated with water-resistant polyester. The bags are also insulated with EVA foam, and the inner lining is made of aluminum to ensure maximum heat retention.
- 🛍️ How much do Uber bags cost?
This solely depends on the type of bag you want. But with $15, you can get a bag for yourself.
- 🎒 Can I use my own bag to deliver?
Yes, provided that it is well insulated, sealable, and large enough that it can fit a pizza box.