There are several apps tailored for food delivery services popping up across the UK. These are good news, especially for people who don’t consider going to the restaurant due to their busy schedule. However, the only issue that needs addressing in these food delivery apps is the mode of payment. Basically, we all have a payment method that we love using. We also face challenges when using other payment means, which also suggests we have also lost money in one way or another. So if you are in the UK and you are wondering whether to use PayPal on an app as Uber eats, this article is for you. You will learn everything you need to know when using PayPal on the Uber eats app.
🍽️ What is Uber eats?
Uber Eats refers to an app designed for food delivery services that allow people to order food from their favorite local restaurant in the comfort of their home. Basically, it is a system that connects you and the restaurant. A team partners with your favorite restaurant and after ordering your mean, the delivery partners brings it to your door. All you need to do is download the Uber eats app and sign up. After signing up, search for foods near you and choose whatever you want to be delivered to you. You will be required to provide your address, include anything else in the request, and wait for the magic. How do you pay for the food you order, perhaps you might be curious to know? Well, there are several payment options in the UK, and it is just a matter of personal preference.
🧾 Payment options recommended on Uber eats in the UK
- 💳 Card payments – You can consider paying Uber eats using card methods. Just ensure that your card is verified and selected in the app. Anything you order will be charged from the card automatically.
- 💷 Online payments – If you don’t want to use your card for payment, you can consider using online payment methods like PayPal or Google pay.
Can you use Paypal on Uber eats?
Definitely yes! PayPal is an online payment method that is used to pay a lot of services across the UK. You only need to create your account and load it with money to get started.
How do you use Paypal on Uber eats?
To order food on Uber eats using PayPal is pretty easy. All you require is an active PayPal account. So if you haven’t signed up yet, you can do so because signing up a PayPal account is free. Once you get an active account, consider linking your credit card, debit card, or bank account. When you order something from the app, choose the option “Pay with PayPal”. You can still be able to pay and add a tip if need be using your PayPal.
❓ Why use PayPal on Uber Eats?
There are some good reasons why you might consider using PayPal on Uber eats. Here are a few reasons.
- It is easy to use- When paying via PayPal, you will only be required to fill in your email and the password’s account and make payments. You will not be asked to enter your CCV or credit card number.
- After adding the bank account/debit/credit card number in your account, only 4 digits will be displayed. This means that if someone hacked your PayPal account, he/she would not have access to your card number.
- For safety reasons, if someone hacked your account and want to change some information, you will be notified via your mail. In such cases, you can consider reaching out to PayPal and ask them to block the account and send you the money.
- The incredible thing about PayPal is the user’s protection policy during purchase. This means that if you don’t receive the item you order, you will be refunded. In such cases, you will be required to file a claim which takes approximately 180 days.
As you can see, PayPal is a great option to consider using on Uber eats app. All you need to do is to ensure your PayPal account is safe. How? By using an email that is easy to recall, using a strong password, and consider changing your PayPal password after at least 72 days.