Uber is one of the popularly used ridesharing apps in the UK. However, despite offering breathtaking services, some individuals still find it not worth using. Do you know why? Well, there has been a controversy as far as Uber is concerned. Some individuals take issues with its surge pricing or privacy policies. Others find their data or information not secure. Whichever the reason, you might want to consider terminating your working relationships with Uber, and thus, deleting your account might be the sole way. But do you know how to go about it? It is easy to delete your account, and the whole process takes a few minutes. Regrettably, not everyone can cancel, and so, this article seeks to guide you delete your Uber account from a smartphone and through the main website.
🧹 Delete using mobile/desktop
Here is the step-by-step guide to deleting your Uber account using your smartphone.
- Open the app–This is the initial step. You need to locate the Uber app on your phone and tap the icon once. This will help open the app on your device.
- Open the menu–The Uber app displays the menu by default. After opening the home screen, you will visit the section written “menu”. This is a section with a three-line icon found on the top left corner. Tap on it to see other guides.
- Choose the section written “Help– Once you click on the help menu, you will be directed to various options to choose. Tap the help icon.
- Select the option “Account and Payment” – Clicking on the help will direct you to another sub-section called to account and payment. Here, you will find various kinds of support related issues.
- Choose the option “Changing my account settings – After selecting this option, you will be directed to other options related to your account.
- Select the option “Delete my Uber account”. Under the option of changing my account settings, you will see an option to delete your Uber account. Just hit that option.
- Open the link to terminate the account – If you follow these steps well, Uber will give you a link titled “DELETE MY ACCOUNT” to delete the account. After clicking on the link, you will be redirected to the Uber website where you will be required to enter your email, password, sign in to the account, and delete the account.
ℹ️ Delete through the Uber website
Another quick way to delete your Uber account is by visiting their official website. Here is the step-by-step guide.
- Uber’s official website is uber.com. To get started, you are required to log in.
- If you have trouble logging into your account, you can consider getting help from help.uber.com.
- In case you can’t recall your password, you can still consider visiting help.uber.com to have the password reset.
- If you still have issues logging in, consider reaching out to the Uber help section.
- Once you have successfully signed in to your account, you will need to visit the option “help” situated at the top section.
- In this section, you will come across several FAQs that can give you an idea of how to delete your account. To remove the report, visit the article written “changing my account settings”.
- Under the option “changing my account settings”, you will see a sub-section written, “Delete my account”.
- Visit the option setting and then more settings.
- Click on the option “Delete my account”, and that is all.
- For confirmation, Uber will send a section where you will be required to choose the reason why you are leaving. You can consider selecting the option “Issues with my account”.
- The account will be instantly deactivated; however, you will have to wait up to 30 days for the primary account to get deleted.
📧 Email Uber to delete your account
If still, you are not successful in deleting your Uber account, you can consider reaching out to customer support. This can be done via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will respond faster, perhaps within 24 hours.
Deleting your Uber account should never stress you anymore. With these three quick tips, it is possible to do it yourself without asking for help.